The RF- 433MHz wireless module is one of the cheap and easy to use modules for all wireless projects. These modules can be used only in pairs and only simplex communication is possible. Meaning the transmitter can only transmit information and the receiver can only receive it, so you can only send data from point A to B and not from B to A.
The module could cover a minimum of 3 meters and with proper antenna a power supplies it can reach upto 100 meters theoretically. But practically we can hardly get about 30-35 meters in a normal test conditions.
So if you are looking for a simple wireless communication to transmit information within a short distance then these RF pair could be the right choice.
- Wireless (RF) Simplex Transmitter and Receiver
- Transmitter Operating Voltage: +5V only
- Transmitter Operating current: 9mA to 40mA
- Operating frequency: 433 MHz
- Transmission Distance: 3 meters (without antenna) to 100 meters (maximum)
- Modulating Technique: ASK (Amplitude shift keying)
- Data Transmission speed: 10Kbps
- Circuit type: Saw resonator
- Low cost and small package